PP&C has relevant experience in internal auditing. Since 1991, it has a specific area dedicated to engagements of this nature, which is comprised of highly specialized and skilled professionals with experience in many different and varied business processes with a diversified client portfolio.
The auditing work carried out by PP&C is not limited to verifying policies, standards, processes, applicable law and the accounting and tax procedures. The work is strongly supported by a methodology that considers the evaluation of business strategies and alternatives that can bring improvements in the financial and operational efficiency. This advantage is based on the recognized expertise that PP&C has in business management.
PP&C’s staff is permanently trained, with experience in internal and external auditing, the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act - SOX, tax area reviews, human resources routines, IT, merger and acquisition work, enabling its professionals to have a much more comprehensive and effective vision for internal auditing functions. These professionals are qualified to carry out the work inherent to an internal auditing department, including:
- Map processes
- Identify risks and control activities, assess internal controls, test their efficiency, anticipate possible problems and offer recommendations to strengthen and improve these controls
- Assist in creating and maintaining an effective environment for the operation of the controls, presenting or discussing strategies, alternatives for improvement in operational efficiency, policies, standards and procedures
- Assess the correct application of generally accepted accounting principles and the adequacy in compliance with various laws
- Investigate and determine responsibilities for fraud
- Provide support to the top management for a better understanding of the company's operations, enabling more active and integrated actions
- Identify areas for improvement or cost reduction